Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

This and That


 We went to Costco today and I bought a great big bag of spinach. I have been making and loving green smoothies for a while now and I recently found THIS POST about freezing the green ingredients ahead of time.
I love this idea for several reasons. I am all about convenience and saving a little time. Also, I love an ice cold smoothie and a little extra frozen goodness is always appreciated :)
I divided up all of my greens and ended up with 18 little bags full of goodness! That's 18 smoothies worth. The spinach cost me less than $4 for the bag. A fabulous deal!

Later in the day I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies that I adapted from THIS recipe.
 I was very happy with the results, especially after the extreme cookie fail we had yesterday that resulted in.....no cookies :(

 Mia had dance and we once again took on the sock bun.
 I know Mia looks very angry in this picture but she was just concentrating on the My Little Pony episode that she was watching.
 The bun held all through ballet and into the evening! Yay!

For dinner we ate california roll sushi that we had bought earlier from Costco with seaweed and chinese noodles.
I discovered seaweed a few months ago and I love it! I eat it wrapped around salmon and avocado or stirred into soup. It is awesome.

It has been a lovely day and we are hoping for a lovely night.




1 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE green smoothies too! they've been gracing our kitchen for the past 3 years and they're loved by everyone in the house -I tell friends about them and some have tried and love them others look at me with disgust lol.
    I also LOVE LOVE seaweed and wish I could get my hands on some here!

    ReplyDelete