Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


1. After we put the kids to bed on Friday night, Ty and I stayed up to watch
What to Expect When You're Expecting
I did not expect to enjoy it, but I loved it!
It's a good one :)

2. On Saturday we took the kids to the farmer's market. We tried some locally made olive oil on locally grown tomatoes. It was amazing and then I bought a bottle. 
We also got a bunch of kale, (I want to try making my own kale chips.) and a great big box of strawberries.

3. We were invited to a big get-together on Saturday night. Mia had a dance rehearsal early on in the evening (Her big recital is next week!!! Can't wait for it to be over!) and the plan was to head on over to the party after that. I had been feeling a little "off" for a few days and finally decided to send Ty to the party with the older kids. I stayed home with Zoey and it turned out to be a great decision.
I needed a little quiet and a little detox. I felt so much better this morning.

4. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but after being released several months ago as the primary chorister I do have a new calling in my ward. I will be teaching relief society starting in June! It has been a few years since I have taught and I am excited to start again.

5. Zackary gave the opening prayer in primary today! He did great. He has improved so much just from the beginning of the year. He had to give a talk in January and didn't say a word. Today he tried really hard and repeated most of the prayer that I whispered into his ear. I am so proud of him!
 
6. We are enjoying a lovely Sunday afternoon at home. My parents are coming for dinner tonight and the kids have been crafting away in the kitchen. Max and Zackary taped all of our markers to a canister of Clorox wipes. It kept them busy and quiet so I just let them be.
Check out this adorable kid's art station
I would love to put something like this together as soon as Zoey can be trusted a little bit better with art supplies!
 
7. We dove into our strawberry stash after church and ate them with nutella and some chocolate almond butter. It was the perfect thing!

Weekends are so nice. Back to the real world in the morning. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!



0 comments:

Post a Comment