Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

More Friday


 I spent a good part of the sunny afternoon in the dirt.
The soil in our yard is rocky and weedy. I was hoeing and digging trying to get the ground ready for a few plants.
It was messy and I did not get a lot of enjoyment out of the process. I ended up with a little row of tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and strawberries. I did feel good about the project and I hope I can have more fun with it as I figure it out!

After the gardening experience I did a little baking.
I made some cookies. I used a combination of homemade nutella and peanut butter to create some really good gluten-free cookies. I cut them up and had everyone do a taste test. All of the tasters were very positive :)
 We fired up the grill for the first time this season.
We cooked the first steaks from our new beef. The propane tank on the grill was leftover from last summer and it ran out of gas just about halfway through cooking the steaks. I was able to close the lid and keep in enough heat so the steaks cooked through. They were so good!
Max's friend Ian was here to play all afternoon.
He left after dinner and Zoey was saying goodbye.
 I think she may have been considering an escape!
Tonight we are watching The Hobbit with the kids. I think Max will enjoy it, but I don't know about the other little ones. I may have to bribe them with candy!

I love weekends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment