Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Thoughts


Ty is working late tonight, and I am thinking about the good things that have helped me through the week so far! These are just a few:

1. While I was waiting to pick up the older kids from school, a friend of mine came and sat next to me on the grass. We were able to talk for about 10 minutes before the kids got out. A 10 minute conversation with an adult does wonders!

2. My visiting teacher stopped by with a bag filled with treats. She apologized for bringing over so much sugar. I told her to never be sorry for such a thing. I shared a few treats with the kids, but put a few favorites away for myself!

3. After my meeting tonight, I took the kids through the drive thru at Starbucks for hot chocolate. It was the perfect bedtime snack/wind down tool.
We got home and everyone was able to head right up to bed.

4. Once the kids were asleep, I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a more gourmet hot chocolate.
I sipped it while I browsed pinterest.
It was a great late night snack/wind down/stay sane tool!

5. Thanks to all of that pinterest browsing I now have dinner planned for tomorrow night. Ty will actually be home tomorrow night (first time this week!) for dinner so I need to make something good!

6. I am looking forward to an at home date night tomorrow, after we put the kids to bed. We are renting Divergent, and I am making a giant skillet cookie with hot fudge sauce for the two of us to eat straight from the skillet while we watch.
It is seriously going to be the highlight of my week!

Very insightful!


0 comments:

Post a Comment