Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Birthday!


 This time it was Mia!
This amazing little lady turned 6 today.
 We had an afternoon party that began when everyone came home from school and ended around 7:00 this evening.
 I made 3 kinds of pizza, but most importantly we had lots of desserts.
 Pretty little cookie dough truffles and cake....
This cake started out as a complete disaster. It broke and fell to pieces when I tried to take it out of the cake pans. I decided to make it into a trifle and layered it with chocolate whipped cream, but Mia really wanted a cake! I took the trifle and dumped the whole thing into a springform cake pan and pressed it down. I let it chill to set and then covered the whole thing with ganache. It was actually amazing!
 I love all of the pink in this picture! Mia and her good friend Emma.
Waiting for the guests!
Mia is a wonderful girl. I am so happy to have her in our family!

Mia right now:

loves chocolate,
pistachios,
ponies,
movie night,
art classes,
singing,
clothes,
pink,
and her friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment