Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

This and That


1. It's Monday again! The first full week of the new year has begun. We survived the sickness and 75 hours work weeks of Christmas break. The kids are back in school today. I wish I could say that I was sorry to get back to our routine, but I am not at all! (Like I said the break was kind of killer!)

2. I love having a good old fashioned wall calendar. I know lots of people use their phones to store their schedules now. Planners seem to be very popular as well, but I still love my wall calendar!
I saw THIS little set up and think I need to create something like it in our house. It would make me very happy!

3. Mia has been spending a lot of time in the kitchen making little treats. I am attempting to teach her to cook/create in the kitchen. Yesterday was the first time I had her try to follow a recipe all on her own. I kept it simple....We made THESE no bake peanut butter cookies.
She got really frustrated, because I wasn't helping her as much as I usually do, but when they were all made she was so happy to serve them and to say that she had made them all by herself!

4. I am starting to think ahead to Valentine's Day. I always put on a little Valentine's dinner at home for us. I love THIS IDEA for a Valentine's photo shoot to go with our dinner!

5.Max is on book #5 of the Harry Potter series. He spent all weekend making wands after one of his friends showed him how to make them out of paper. He even ordered himself an unofficial Harry Potter wand online.
I definitely need THIS for his room, and I must try THIS recipe for homeade Butterbeer!

6. I ran 10 miles on Saturday. I am so thankful for a healthy body and strong legs!
THIS is totally how I feel about it!

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment