Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday (my way!)


The day after Thanksgiving is always an ideal day for me. I do not go shopping. We all wear comfortable lounge clothes. We eat turkey sandwiches, listen to Christmas music, and break out the Christmas decorations!
We are getting a live tree again this year so we are waiting a bit longer to get it, but everything else is out. I love how excited my kids get about Christmas decorations. It reminds me of how magical this season can be.
Zoey was napping during most of the process. She woke up in a very silly mood.
 
 This was just after she got up.
 Sleep makes babies friendlier. (it works with grown-ups too)
After the decorations were up and the baby was too I decided it was time to start working on the Christmas candy. I made 2 batches of fudge; chocolate hazelnut and rocky road. (I always use THIS recipe from Nigella Lawson. I have been making it for years and we love it!)
Tomorrow we move onto the caramels!
I am loving this weekend :)

Happy Friday!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment